AFSCME Local 2019 Contract Ratification Voting is scheduled for Tuesday (02/06/18) and Wednesday (02/07/18) at the times and locations listed below.
A tentative agreement summary is attached. Copies of all tentative agreements included in the ratification vote are available at AFSCME Local 2019 TAs.
- Voting is not conducted on District time; please vote before/after your shift or during your lunch or break.
- In accordance with the AFSCME International Constitution, absentee or proxy voting is not allowed.
- Bring your District ID when voting.
Members of the negotiation team will be available at all voting sites to answer your questions.
Tuesday, February 6
- 7:00 AM to 7:15 AM East Yard
- 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM Mokelumne Rangers Office
- 10:45 AM to 11:00 AM Pardee Main Office
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM Lodi
- 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM Stockton
- 7:00 AM to 7:15 AM North Yard
- 7:00 AM to 7:15 AM South Yard
- 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM Orinda Watershed Headquarters Conference Room
- 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM Adeline Administration Building (Across from the Credit Union)
- 8:15 AM to 8:45 AM Lafayette Reservoir Recreation Area Visitor Center
Wednesday, February 7
- 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM WW Lab Cafeteria
- 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM Administration Building (Outside the 4th Floor Cafeteria)
Tired of negotiations dragging on? Insulted by Management’s weak wage offer? December 12th is your chance to pressure the Board of Directors to bring negotiations to a positive resolution. Fill out a vacation leave slip for 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm and tell the Board what you want from negotiations or stand in solidarity with your Union Brothers and Sisters. Wear your GREEN AFSCME shirts.
The EBMUD Board is offering slightly LESS than a CPI salary increase (Feb 2017 data) for the first 13 months of the new contract. The Board is NOT yet offering salary retroactivity. The Board has REFUSED to increase the monthly Transit Subsidy which has been unchanged for well over 10 years. The Board has NOT acknowledged the major concession the unions have made from exchanging Health Net insurance with Sutter medical, effective January 2019.
During 2007 negotiations, it took a Board action like this and a subsequent weekend demonstration in Lafayette at then General Manager Dennis Diemer’s house to bring about a fair contract. It appears Locals 2019 and 444 are heading down that same path again.
The candidate statements for Executive Board Member and Steward can be viewed here:
AFSCME Local 2019 Candidate Statements – 2017
Employee Relations has told L2019 that we cannot email you the unedited January Membership Meeting agenda because it contains an item titled “AFSCME Council 57 U.S. Presidential Endorsement Discussion”.
They claim this is a “Political Purpose” that is prohibited due to a recent revision to Procedure 453 – Technology Use and Privacy Procedure (we formally opposed the revised langauge).
As we suspected, this revised language is being used to prohibit ANY activity that MIGHT be considered “political” by Management.
The uncensored GMM agenda is available here:
01-19-16 General Membership Meeting Agenda