George Cleveland and Jay Morgan have been elected to the AFSCME Local 2019 negotiating team. Kasie Evans was elected as the alternate.
A total of 172 ballots were cast in the election. The final tally of ballots was as follows:
George Cleveland 77
Jay Morgan 68
Kasie Evans 33
Susan Bell 28
Rosa Merced 24
Syed Rahman 23
Han Barrett-Liu 19
Matt Harray 16
Gary Walters II 11
Drew Lerer 8
Yu Lin 8
Detra Washington 8
David Johnson 7
There were 11 invalid ballots which were not tallied. The Election Committee’s complete report will be provided at the AFSCME Local 2019 General Membership Meeting on July 19, 2016.
Thank you to all the candidates for running and for all members who voted. Your participation is what makes our union strong!
The results of the election for Local 2019’s AFSCME International Convention Delegates are as follows (with the top 4 being elected):
Mark Foley 121
Susan Bell 79
Rosa Merced 66
Kasie Evans 62
David Johnson 56
Gary Walters II 43
Two of the six nominees for the AFSCME Local 2019 Delegates to the 2016 International Convention have submitted statements. We will vote for a total of four Delegates. Please see below for the two nominee statements.
My name is David Johnson. I have helped my local 2019 brothers and sisters as a shop steward for the past five years. Representing Local 2019 as an AFSCME International Delegate would give me the chance to meet our Union Leaders, talk with other activists about issues and utilize the convention workshops to become a stronger asset for Local 2019. I appreciate the nomination and thank you for your vote.
Info Syst Support Analyst II
Thank you for nominating me for International Convention Delegate.
AFSCME International, our parent organization, has become too entrenched in politics and lost touch with our mission to improve the working conditions of our middle class members.
I look forward to challenging AFSCME International’s leadership to do more…
• More tools (training and research) to help Locals succeed at the negotiating table
• More involvement by Local leadership in the International’s decision making process
• More transparency in the way the International conducts business
I would be honored to have your vote and represent Local 2019.
Our General Membership Meeting will be held Tuesday, April 19 at 4:30pm in the Board Room at the Administration building and via Teleconference at the AMC Training Resource Center.
Nominations will be open for the following offices during the meeting:
• 7 Executive Board Members
• 10 Stewards
• 4 AFSCME 42nd International Convention Delegates
• 11 Alameda Central Labor Council Delegates
• 1 Contra Costa Central Labor Council Delegate
• 1 San Joaquin/Calaveras Central Labor Council Delegate
See here for the full agenda
In accordance with our Constitution (Article X – Elections), we will be requesting nominations for the following offices at our regular General Membership Meeting on Tuesday, April 19, 2016:
· 7 – Executive Board Members
· 10 – Stewards
· 4 – AFSCME 42nd International Convention Delegates
· 11 – Alameda Central Labor Council Delegates
· 1 – Contra Costa Central Labor Council Delegate
· 1 – San Joaquin/Calaveras Central Labor Council Delegate
Please see here for additional information:
AFSCME Local 2019 Call for Nominations – 2016